The American College Counseling Association is the premiere professional organization for counseling professionals working in higher education. The ACCA is dedicated to its members and providing exceptional member benefits has always been the cornerstone of the ACCA’s mission. Benefits include the following:
- Subscription to the highly acclaimed and respected Journal of College Counseling. The JCC contains practical and theory-based information and research to benefit the college counselor, educator, and practitioner. The editor of the Journal of College Counseling is Dr. Joshua Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 24/7 connections and conversations with college counseling professionals across the globe through the ACCA Facebook page, an active listserv, and regular, electronic updates from the ACCA Executive Council. Twitter is coming soon!
- Continuing education opportunities through ACCA sponsored webinars and drive-in workshops (including ACCA’s exclusive “Orientation to College Counseling” and “Advanced Topics in College Counseling” series) as well as our annual conferences. Our eighth national ACCA Conference will be October 1-4, 2014 in San Antonio.
- Access to ACCA advocacy materials; publications and resources designed to help you interpret the world of the college counselor and the college counseling profession to your students, your college and university officials, and to the public at large.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills while helping to advocate for and shape the college counseling profession by joining one of ACCA’s active committees.
- Grant opportunities to support college mental-health research. Emerging Leader Grants (in the form of ACCA or ACA Conference registration awards) are also available to masters’ and doctoral level graduate students.
- Access to national college counseling statistics through the ACCA sponsored College Counseling Survey, the Community College Survey, and the Center for Collegiate Mental Health Annual Report.
- National recognition through professional awards for meritorious service and other significant contributions to the field of college counseling.
If you are a counseling professional working in a higher education setting and you are seeking a professional organization that strives to support, strengthen and enhance your work as a college counseling professional, please consider joining the 1,400+ members of the American College Counseling Association. For more information, please visit our newly redesigned and enhanced website at www.collegecounseling.org.